• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust bolts

T3X

so my exhaust bolts keeps vibrating loose... does anyone have a good solution for this problem. ive already lost a couple bolts and im not sure what the bolt pattern is. if anyone can tell me what the bolt pattern is id greatly appreciate that. also any cure for this problem? please help im at wits end with this exhaust its frikking making a mess of my truck oil is all over the darn thing!! thanks

Ludabud

Step up a size in bolts and you can also add red loctite. Or you can try using studs with nuts. Just use some JB Weld on the studs. I went up a size and that seemed to work for me pretty good.

T3X

so did u tap the holes for the new bolt size? what size are u using?

Deluge

High temp threadlock will work, as well. Make sure the threads are super clean before you add the threadlock, then let it sit for a day to cure.

kydo32

I used copper spray-a-gasket hi-temp sealant on gaskets and engine bolts and none have come loose. can get any auto store

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts