• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust bolts

Rampage mt

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the heads of their exhaust bolts snapping off and if so any suggestions how to stop it.ive snapped the head off a bolt and ruined the head luckily I have a spare head.im running the Dom pipe

G

It happens. The Dom is a one piece pipe. On a hard landing the chassis sends the force to the pipe and pushes/pulls on the head. I alway cut the one piece pipes and add a silicon coupling.

G

I don't hear of it happening a lot. You could try better head bolts.

chrispc66

Yes.....agreed there are cheap and nasty and quality metric cap head bolts. A specialty fastener can supply correctly heat treated cap head bolts and countersunk ones for all rampage RC vehicles. Don't skimp on the exhaust, carny and all engine bolts.

One problem I've had is stripping the Allen key holes in the stock bolts, especially the 2.5mm to 3.5 mm Allen ket sizes.

scott

I stripped the left side of mine.had to tap in a hex head to get it to move.tried an easy out but didnt work.i wont use cap head bolts anymore either.

20130822_002120.jpg

20130822_002120.jpg

/monthly_2013_11/20130822_002120.jpg.064bbc52b0d87e808c16807bd4344f72.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online