• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Esc

DUFFY

Im really thinking about buying a MGM comp pro but the 35v 250 amp version. You can order it with a HV switching bec installed that can put out up to 8volts lol. With all the options you will want,its just under the price of the 60V model with no options. Since I'm really wanting a little more head room on the amps the XL2 gives me. The 2028 will pull more of everything than a leopard 1340kv. Its about 10 Hp vs 6-7hp, What ever gains in lowering the amps by increasing the volts is kinda offset by the bigger motor….. so my amps won't be a whole lot lower than my 6s system, but ill have about 3-4 more hp and a little less heat.Im debating waiting for the extended 7075rc chassis so I could use a 2028 and the 7075rc motor mount, If not ill have to use KD's one. Perhaps going with a another 5692 lower than 1340 in kv on 8s would give a even cooler run as it need less amps)than a 2028 to run. But then again will the extra heft of the huge 4s batts stress out the weaker motor? Bleh…Im going with the big motor idea for now. I'm going to hook up my castle link and read it directly what I pulled amp wise last run.

I was going to try the toro combo but I'm sick of waiting. Ill give it a week or two and then just buy a MGM comp if the toro is still lost in in customs. Leopard motors pretty much pull the exact number they list on the motor spec sheet. So it if says 8s 180 what ever amps than that's what you should expect the motor to pull if it's not stalled.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

The 2028 should be pulling 160amps on 8s says castle. it shoulda pull the same out the MGM but I'll have a lot of head room.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoukeG

Looks great. It kinda hard to make a choice isn't it? Hehe - I'm there as well.

Right now I'm still in the rebuilding proces, still need to get the 7075 diff houses and motor mount in. Hope to finish that tonight... Goodluck in your choice and let us know the results!

DUFFY

For real. It's half the fun though right lol.

Nice I don't have the boxs yet, they look sick.

DUFFY

I'm still fighting myself on whats the next combo to run. The MGM esc does seem like a good start to a alternitive system. We don't really need a option to the leopard 5692 with the xl2 on 6s if we ran high enough capicty 6s batts lol. It might be hot At the end of a 30 minute race but thats fine. If it doesn't catch fire or stop running im good. Anyway,I'm thinking 10s or 8s, with a 740kv to 780kv motor perhaps 8s on a 1000kv. People on rumrunner said 10s with a 2028 is pretty good in terms of heat.

jathomas3

I'm running the Mamba XL2 with a TP Power 5692 1100kv on 8s geared 48/10. I'm also running baja tires/wheels which are around 6.5 inches tall. After around 18 minutes of ripping around my motor was 175F. I'm may try to gear down if I can fit a smaller pinion or see what kind of heat relief a heatsink/fan combo will bring. I'm real happy with the performance of this setup but I'd like to see a little less heat.

DUFFY

Yeh 175 is not too bad. If you have 6s batts around test if those run hotter, you might be surprised. A fan heat sink would get things in a comfortable temp range. It seems everyone needs a heat sink.

DUFFY

I was getting long run times on the stock esc and motor on 6s 2 p. any one here get 30 mins run times on thier xbe ?

DUFFY

Well the 2028 pulls 208 amps on 8s, not what i was hoping for in a improvement. It's not 180 on 8s like A retailer told me. in the real world it's 208 that's right under the limit. So I'm thinking tp or leopard in a 8s kv again.

DUFFY

Yeh it's pretty nice but that guy is weird. Pretty hard to get exchange info with him to say it lightly. He sure thinks the xl2 is stronger than what I think it can do.

DUFFY

It's not really thats fast ,my xbe would roast it bad on 6s lol. I still have not geared down lol. He's on very loose dirt though So it faster than it looks I'm sure. Also the guy at rc madnes claimed 10 HP on 12s and he claims 10hp on 8s at 208 amps. I told him I'm pulling 7hp and 209 Amps at 1648 gearing,and that's about the most we want to pull and he went crazy on me. Sorry but if it runs any hotter then it's going to be bad. A 30 pound 10 hp 2wd is allways going to be slower than a 18 lb , 7hp 4x4 on dirt that's for sure :)

DUFFY

He will never have better traction than a xbe :) He's faster than a shedder on 4s lol. 2wd off road cars can't move that first few feet as fast than a 4wd but he will be flying top speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.