• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESC.... smoked

Ol' fart

damn, ran thru a little water and lost my stock ESC. I want to run 6c with a buffer so.... I heard the CC XL will work with 8c but what else is out there???

Dirtconvert

I burned up my esc. When I installed the motor upgrade kit from 7075rc I used a pinion from Kershaw. There were clearance issues with the pinion being very close to the cutout for the motor shaft on the motor mount. I should have ground the pinion down more than I had. Either way, I ordered the NEW Hobbywing and boy is it worlds better than what came on the XB-E! No more issues whatsoever. I am still running 6S and the new Leopard 1090kv is a beast for traction at any speed.

bigfol

Watch the temps on those new hobbywings, I have smoked two of them,I was running pretty tall gearing thought 14t pinion and 44 spur on 6s, the leopard 1090kv motor wasn't even warm when one of the caps on the esc blew,it was either the neg wire melting at the solder point or the cap blowing,could't really tell after the fire......2 body covers up flames......pain in the ass, LOL.

Waiting on castle to send me back my up-dated 8s xxl esc, hopefully that will handle the punishment I dish out to my poor xbe. If it stays alive for more than a few runs on 6s I'll give it a rip on 8s, might even go down the 12s path with one of those new fightercat esc when they come out. :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts