• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ESC, Motor & Battery

DanSpd

I have never had brushless rc and have no idea about different esc, motors and batteries (lipo, niphs, etc)

Does anyone mind explaining in short?

pipeous

I am surprised you didn't get a response.

brushless motors are rated in kv. this is how many rpm's per volt they can do. try not to run a motor over about 60,000 rpm unless you change to ceramic bearings.

esc, electronic speed control, is rated by amps. technical specs on motors will often show the maximum draw they will take, but most setups now are combos.

lipos have a couple ratings. mah is how much power they hold and a c rating is how many amps can be drawn from them. a 5000 mah battery with a 20c rating is capable of 20x5 amps (5000 milliamps) = 100 amps continuous draw. there is also a burst rating. so say a 20c battery with a 30c burst for a few seconds, the burst is good for 150 amps. always be safe and have better batteries that can provide more power than you think you'll need

nmh are going to become the next extinct species, just like nicad. they are getting better specs all the time but the cost compared to lipos is getting farther spread all the time.

there are other types of lipo. lifepo, lithium ion, lithium polymer. I started playing with lipos with helis. I had a heli and with my panisonic 2400 nicads (10 and 12 cel packs) I would getmaybe 6 mins flight. barely get it it the air and it was landing time. a decent lipo pack was about $800 so I gave up pretty fast back then on lipo. cel batteries and such were good for small planes and such though

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts