• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Er...teething troubles..but it is dirty now!

mooman007uk

Banned
Finally got out to run it, snow is all gone by the beach, boiled my a-arms this morning filled it with gas and off i went...missus was coming down with the video cam...went for 15mins and poop. I guess I forgot to locktite the brake adjuster screws:rolleyes:...they turned themselves in and locked the brakes...which then led to a stripped th/br servo arm...hit the kill switch..nada...got it home and found a wire had come off the coil..fixed the servo arm and wire and started it but wouldn't rev...just bogging and loading up with fueL???? checked the coil...fine good spark , checked the kill switch...it was soaked I had driven thru a big puddle whilst having my first good bash and the battery box leaks pretty good, soaked the kill switch...it tripped out and was going on and off a few times a second...oops. Also backfired and broke the pullstart..luckily i had a spare...what a chain of events..gonna scrap the battery box and use a spare duratrax one and 3M the hump pack to the chassis same as my FG which will leave room for a second steering servo.

Anyhow dried it out and now it's all going again ..woo hoo! but it's dark so will have to vid next weekend. love the truck whilst it ran..looking forward to my sprint mod pipe and a few other goodies can't wait til next weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
Well done moo. O agree the radio box is terrable, I put a layer of foam tape under the lid of mine and made a aluminum support to support the lid and screwed it down. I wash the box was designed a little better. That is what it is like for me too the first few outings are a little stressful.

mooman007uk

Banned
went out today..found a new place to bash...real good jumps, dirt and gravel for drifting....steering servo crapped out, it munched the plastic centre gear so i turned it round and off i went again then a centre shaft pin fell out (need to get the others out with a BFH and green loctite them in) so now I had 2wd...kept going and then a wheel fell off landing a decent jump:D. I need to grind flat spots on the wheel adapter pins...one fell out. I also need some 4mm pins.

Ran for about 25mins all up had a blast...this truck is great, handles the jumps and rough stuff just awesome...I'm real impressed...just need to change from 50wt to 40wt in the rear.

In 2wd I got it to wheelie pretty good too:D

a bunch more goodies coming this week and my sprint 77 hpi modded pipe is ready. Next weekend can't come soon enough

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts