• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine will fire up but not run XB

Jwebb

I have an HY 30cc Fuelie that will start up but will not run. I've ran 2 gallons through it, and i wasn't haveing problems until now. When it idles the RPM's will go up and down, and won't stay at a certain RPM. It will also die when it gets up to speed and I apply the brakes. It also has problems with the gas tank. It sucks air through the lines, but there aren't any holes in them. When the engine would get hot it will vapor lock and blow gas through the lines and flood the carburetor. Is there an easy solution for this?

cordy

Vent the tank,and with the rpm`s going up and down you have an air leak. Check that your carberator bolts are tight. Check that your intake manifold is not warped or cracked.When you get it running spray the carb with wd-40 if you see bubbles thats where the air leak is. Pay attention to the throttle shaft area. Check that your head bolts are tight. Hope this helps.

G

The Redcat fuel tanks must be vented.

Sporadic idle is a sign of an air leak.

Jwebb

I tightened up the bolts on the carburetor and replaced the gaskets. But what i can across was that the coil had vibrated to close to the flywheel and wasn't creating the right spark. I'm still having problems with the fuel lines. The tank is vented, and the lines don't have holes in them but air will still appear. They show up in little bubbles 1 and 2 at a time until it makes a line. Then that line will slowly move into the carburetor and the engine will bog down for a second. I can't find any solutions...

G

Make sure your clunk filter is seated in the sump at the bottom of the tank.

G

That normally is not enough. The small hole in the cap gets gummed up and won't breath good enough.

G

You can either add a vent line to the cap or tank itself. Here are a couple of examples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts