• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine issue

rc-driver

is the stock engine of rampage MT2 made in Taiwan ? which 28 cc engine is the best and fit rampage ?

Ron E

Contributor
Sprint 77 said:
Drop a big bore kit on the 23 and let her rip
and a sprint77 modded dom or a side dom, i have both pipes and they are great.

my mt has a 28.5 (stock motor with kit) and a sprint modded dom...

my tt has a stock 23 and a side dom...

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

most rc headkits will fit. cant think of wont that wont. there are 2 main brands. the cy and zenoah. the fueli engines we have are cy(chung yang) the cy's are clones of zenoah mills. the only manuf. that uses zenoah mills is fg. every one else uses the cy(fueli) motors. there are very slight diffrence between the 2, but nothing major. basic mounting stuff. so ya. a simple head kit verse a hole new motor is what we all do. a 28.5 motor has the same case and everything as a 23. what kind of issues are you having with your stocker? or do you just want to chage it out.

rc-driver

kryptonite said:
most rc headkits will fit. cant think of wont that wont. there are 2 main brands. the cy and zenoah. the fueli engines we have are cy(chung yang) the cy's are clones of zenoah mills. the only manuf. that uses zenoah mills is fg. every one else uses the cy(fueli) motors. there are very slight diffrence between the 2, but nothing major. basic mounting stuff. so ya. a simple head kit verse a hole new motor is what we all do. a 28.5 motor has the same case and everything as a 23. what kind of issues are you having with your stocker? or do you just want to chage it out.
I am new to gas powered truck. I want to buy a rampage and want to put a good, durable and powerful gas engine on the truck. is the Oneill Brothers engine good ?

hardcore

read back posts, im thinking these guys are gatting sick of repeating themselfs, do not try to learn everything at once, the best part of a new hobby is learning, not trying to be a jerk just trying to let you get the most out of your new found hobby,

kryptonite

rc-driver said:
I am new to gas powered truck. I want to buy a rampage and want to put a good, durable and powerful gas engine on the truck. is the Oneill Brothers engine good ?
o'bros motors are great. but they are derived from our cy(chungyang) motors as well as zenoah. they take the motor and moddify it to our needs, like porting and such. as far as replacing the mill(top end)? i and others would sugjest it, but not for quality issues, just couse bigger is better. that also goes for the displacement:D. the quality of the motors are great. we have recorded life spans of over 12 gallons.(45-55minutes per tank). and we arent easy on them eather. this goes for ALL motors. we have the same mills that come in the 5b and many other large scales. so ya. as long as the mill is tuned properly, it will last a long time.

rc-driver

hardcore said:
read back posts, im thinking these guys are gatting sick of repeating themselfs, do not try to learn everything at once, the best part of a new hobby is learning, not trying to be a jerk just trying to let you get the most out of your new found hobby,
everyone can sak someone the same question again. trying to be a smart guy only showing how sick and a jerk you are .

hamster huey

I wouldnt say there is a "best motor" because thats a matter of opinion. You can get a ported 28.5 to put the same or better HP, comparable TQ, and higher rpm than a non ported 30.5 and all you have to replace is the head and some gaskets vs. the head, gaskets, and crank for the 30.5. I like the non ported 28.5 on a Ramp built to make the most of the power. You can install reed kit, v stack, ported carb, remove choke, lighten flywheel, pipe, etc. etc. Displacement is no good without effeciency. So also look at making your engine more effecient running and giving it less work to do by lightening the drivetrain and installing higher RPM clutch springs etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts