• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine choice

C.B.

what is the best choice for the rampage mt im going to buy a new motor and use my current in the roller 2wd coming soon

what should i put in the mt i want power but i also want it to be relible

any suggestions

Piranha2

Contributor
Modded and ported 30.5cc if I were able to spend YOUR money :D

C.B.

would the modded and ported engine be reliable ive had problems with the 813 carbs alone i hate those things i get so tired of tuning

Piranha2

Contributor
I was just kidding, if I were to do it, it would probably be a G270 4-bolt Zenoah.....yeah, they have the 813 carb w/ accelerator pump but between Kryp and Moo you should get some good insight how to tune them.....plenty of torque and can get them for $250

str8jailbird

Piranha2 said:
I was just kidding, if I were to do it, it would probably be a G270 4-bolt Zenoah.....yeah, they have the 813 carb w/ accelerator pump but between Kryp and Moo you should get some good insight how to tune them.....plenty of torque and can get them for $250
I just put one in my Baja with a rear dom. I had them scrap the 813 and install another brand new 668. Love that 668, Got to break it in now! G270RC is my first Zenoah, hope it's all they are cracked up to be.

Piranha2

Contributor
Cool, be sure to let us know what you think......I like the idea of a 4-bolt head.....I've blown 2 head gaskets already....I must be torqueing it wrong.....or the reality is it's a sucky design. (I had a Zenoah in my Magnum 57 and it was a great motor for the application)

mooman007uk

Banned
ported 28.5 ONB and 813 carb with 77 dom is all I need..well actually the TT I got coming will get the reed ported ONB out of my old FG with 813 and 77dom to see how that goes.

I honestly find the 813 as easy to tune as a 668, they like it a little richer it seems on the L so you have to turn in the idle adjuster all the way to get it to idle. No choke no problem, only takes a couple of pulls to start.

I use a real thin coat of permatex grey gasket sealer on my base gaskets now and they don't blow anymore (blue hylomar is the best stuff but I can't get it here), i use it on all my gaskets now

Croozer

I would just slap a 36mm kit on your stocker for less than 100 bucks, its gonna give you a 28.5 cc engine which works out great for the Rampage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts