• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Electric Starter or Drill Starter Question

mvaughn12

Hi Guys!! I've been breaking in my chimera engine today, I was wondering with my other RC trucks and cars on the 1/10 and 1/8 scaled I normally use and electric strart on the enging or i'll remove the Pull cord assembly and install and Drill starter. Now in Youtube Ive seen guys starting their 1/5 scales with a Drill starter. I've been looking around and havent seen one and was wondering have any of you used these you your

1/5 scale and if so where did you purchase yours from.

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
Hi Guys!! I've been breaking in my chimera engine today, I was wondering with my other RC trucks and cars on the 1/10 and 1/8 scaled I normally use and electric strart on the enging or i'll remove the Pull cord assembly and install and Drill starter. Now in Youtube Ive seen guys starting their 1/5 scales with a Drill starter. I've been looking around and havent seen one and was wondering have any of you used these you your1/5 scale and if so where did you purchase yours from.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.11131/.f

mvaughn12

Just installed my Roto Starter and got me a light weight cordless drill and I am all set!!!

mvaughn12

Just installed my Roto Starter and got me a light weight cordless drill and I am all set!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Nice. That should work great. Is that driver lithium?

mvaughn12

Ordered the 2 speed tranny......LOL truthfully im not too convinced I need it but lol it's a cool mod so i'll install it and run with it.

mvaughn12

Ok here is my overall Review of the Xtreme Roto Starter. LOL I've had easier times starting my chimera with the pull start. Changed out the spark plug and still cannot get this thing to start now. When using the roto start I can see gas dripping from the tail pipe Soooo it's pumping in too much gas in my opininon and this is with factory setting on the carbs but still no start. Any clues? But I also noted that this truck started hard when I first got it. once it starts it's fine but cold starts are murder lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts