• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

electric start?

Ice_2k

I don't get it, what do you mean "in"? Do you mean removing the air filter first?

rcgasser

Ah yea that's the way to the carb I know quite a few people in cold weather with no choke use that method to crank works every time.

Ice_2k

Isn't it a pain in the a$$ to take out the air filter every time? Especially if you're also using an outerwear... I have the one with the string and it's a pain to get off/on, maybe the elastic one is easier, don't know...

rcgasser

Nope we all run stacks the outwear is elastic on the air filter I never use the string type. so when you slide the air filter off the stack the outerwear comes off with it There is just a clamp on the air filter tighten it down 3 turn and that's it.

RampageHopUps

Its alot easier and safer to just use a bag for a choke. Constantly removing the outwears and filter is just asking for dirt to get in one of those times.

blak__jak

+1 with rob. or should I say 1,000%.your just asking for dirt. there is no way I'd be removing my air filter every time I had to start my truck I've got 2 990's on a d/r and a m/t. with them I either use the bag trick or if I'm being lazy I squirt a couple shots of quick start [either] in the carb and no problems 2 or 3 pulls and they come to life . when I say in the carb I mean on the air filter. I've heard somewhere that it's not a good idea to start a 2 stroke with either but I've had no problems so far. where I live here in ohio I deal with a lot of various temperatures. the either seems to work for me no matter in any situation.

alfred e numan

I use the foam clamp on type of air filters. held on with a hose clamp. I usually put on a fresh filter before running anyways, so, while the dirty filter is off, i prime up the carb with gas, install the new filter, and then start the car. if you have a type of filter thats more of a hassle to remove, the baggie method is logical. OR, you could pull the plug, prime up - reinstall the plug and start it. for those new to these cars, if your car has a choke lever, none of this is needed or required to start.

alfred e numan

for the people new to these cars---

The plastic bulb on the carbs we use on these cars. If the carbs are in proper working order, pushing the bulb will not add gas to the engine not a single drop of gas. the bulb is used to pick up gas out of the gas tank and fill the insides of the carb with gas, if you have clear fuel lines, you can see the air in the fuel return line that goes back to the gas tank, when you see just gas with no air in the return line as you are pushing the bulb on the carb, you are good to go. these hobby carbs operate the same as a chain saw and weed eater. The bulb on a lawn mower however, adds gas to the insides of the lawn mowers engine. just trying to help the new people here everyone---

rcgasser

have seen it done many of times removing the air filter for some years they have not had any problems at all with dirt and they run some High dollars engines!!!!! So to each they own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts