• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Electric Fueler

G

I've had a Du-bro hand crank pump for a few years. It's been great and never let me down. It's just kind of a pain, or maybe I've just gotten lazy. For a fuel container I've been using a 5qt oil jug I cleaned out. I've had this for years also. I used this because it had a nice cap. All the newer gas cans have those funky fillers with a thread size that nothing fits.

I ditched the hand crank for a 12v electric fuel pump. It also reverses which is nice. That allows me to suck the fuel back out of the vehicles and return it to the tank.

I Shoe Goo'd a Redcat battery box to the back of the jug. I have the fuel pump screwed to the lid of the battery box. I threw in a 3s lipo to power the pump.

It works really good. Just thought I'd share....

4E21F4B6-6DC9-47DA-B324-EE596CA7344B_zpsgtu1buhz.jpg

22030CE4-85EB-4D56-B4C3-09B62D44C0D0_zpsvf41aa80.jpg

B7A69A53-904D-468B-9A6F-27DA59F0CA1F_zpsbks4acz4.jpg

G

rampage idiot said:
Nice invention! that is nice that it is reversable
The pump has a three position switch. Off is in the middle. Makes it easy.

rcgasser

Not that is cool idea!!!! I have always been sorry and used an electric pump but I had mu pump glued to the gas can then used the wire to a field box I like this idea way much better just one unit to carry. Cool idea thanks for sharing.

G

There are some electric fuelers made by a few companies that the RC pilots use, but they are expensive. The battery box and pump were around 20 bucks. I already had a battery that would fit.

G

Yep. That's the pump I used.

phreerider

nice added hack on the rx box ...i'm still winding a 20year old six-shooter crank for transfers. very tidy, the original metal on my flight field box leaked so the crank got harvested for gas stuff.

great stuff man! love it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts