• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Durability of the Chimera... What have you broke?

Kuneff

1. I have broke a lower A-Arm (Hit a curb)

2. Cross pin of front center Dogbone came out somehow.

3. Half a dozen front dumpers, now using an Xb front bumper. (Landing on its nose and smacking curbs)

4. Two Exhaust pipes. Hit a concrete drain box head on, broke exhaust pipe in half and killed front bumper #6. WOT barrel roll on blacktop broke pipe #1.

5. Front Shock Tower and Diff Joint Cup. (7' drop onto left front wheel at WOT, cartwheeled)

Amazed at how well this Buggy is holding up considering how abusive I have been on it.

Kuneff

LOL... I live right in town.

No one else has broken anything?

mvaughn12

Lol I've stripped out gears, broke diff cup, bent my stock pipe, and knuckle arm lol and today is only Wednesday lol

Kuneff

mvaughn12 said:
Lol I've stripped out gears, broke diff cup, bent my stock pipe, and knuckle arm lol and today is only Wednesday lol
LMAO!!!! Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!

wvrcguy

kingpin said:
Same here I baby my truck's. :D
Baby'ing isn't fun! Turning wrenches and rebuilding, know thats a great time!

Ol' fart

I lost the gear train twice. Lost one gear first,repaced it and then lost the whole train when the plastic gearplate melted. Repaced that with RC dad's belt drive. No problems after 8 tanks.

topblissgt

broke a front drive cup and replaced it with ol farts cups and before any gear issues arose I bought his alum gear plate and lay shaft mount

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts