• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dune Runner vs Baja 5B

Aundre3000

I was thinking of getting the baja 5b in the next few weeks to go with my new redcat tt. So what is yall out look redcat dune or baja 5b! How does the dune hold up and what pipes r out for it? What about the Exceed Barca. O yeah I seen the baja clone that was one I liked because you can use the hpi parts on it. So who's going to do a comparison out of these buggys??????

boriqua935

Well I have an MT. I also had a 5b clone and now have a 5t and 5sc. The redcat and 5b are pretty different. The 4 wheel drive in redcat is nice. Better control of car. The hpi in my opinion are a better build car, much faster, but it's only rear wheel drive. Also there r many more parts for the hpi. It's really a preference. They r both great. For the snow the redcat and 4 wheel drive is nice. Nice open field i like my hpi's better. Way faster and lighter

hamster huey

Comparisons have been done many times on this forum.

I say neither one is better. They are 2 different beasts. My 5b and 5t both weighed more than my Rampages. I didnt see very many ways of putting the HPI on a diet.

HPI is faster in a straight line. Usually places where traction and lots of turning is a concern 4wd beats it. My HPIs would get stuck in tall grass where the Rampage wouldnt.

When mine were built up neither one broke down more than the other.

The Ramp can be run as 2wd so if you have one already you can try it w/o getting an HPI.

I think this video best sums up 4wd vs. 2wd:

Where do you want to drive?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts