• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dual steering mounting question

rezac

I decided to hook up the dual steering servos. In order to mount it, do you need to drill more holes in the chassis? Thats the way it looks to me. The only way the screws fit in the holes it seems like the servo would be to far away and the kill switch is on the wrong side. Does anyone have any pictures of their setup?

DON 44

Contributor
I don't have any pictures(haven't figured out how to do that yet)but looking at the blue prints at redcat racing,theres 2 different chassis...One chassis doesn't have the holes pre-drilled and one does.If you have to drill the holes yourself then you'll need a y harness(about 15 bucks)..It has 2 plugs at one end which both your steering servos plug into,and the other end has one plug that goes into your reciever.This gives you more length and you can keep the kill switch on the right side.Thats how mine is hooked up.I didn't do it. I ordered it that way..The 2 steering servos are plugged into 1 channel the steering and brake servo is plugged into another channel and the 3rd channel is my kill switch.

Evildomain

Contributor
This is the only pic I found of my setup. If you have the frame without pre-drilled holes for the dual servo setup then you will have to do it yourself. That's what I did.

I basically tried to make sure the holes were straight and that the second servo would be the same distance from the servo saver as the first servo. Hope the pic helps a little. If not let me know and I'll take some new ones.

EDIT:
Took some pics tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

rezac

Well I did some drilling last night.. Needless to say I need to re drill the holes because the servo is in the wrong spot. I needed it over another 1/4". Thanks for the pics!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.