• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dogbone cup

rc-driver

my dogbone cup wore out, which cup is durable and fit rampage ? :rolleyes:

0910272349de15db0dc7597355_jpg_thum.jpg

rc-driver

mooman007uk said:
seen this a few times...BC Bob's has done a couple and an outdrive cup. Did you temper the shaft? If you did you might have put too much heat at the cup and softened it...if not tempered then you got a soft one from the factory.
I've not had one go like that in a year
does the cup in the upgrade kit have the same problem ?

rob64n

Contributor
sorry to say this but the tempered ones i got from rob are doin the same thing but the stock ones are not

kirkhayes37

Get HPI Baja 5b or 5T drive cup boots fill them with grease and they will last a loooong time. I have boots with grease in them on both ends of each dog bone on all four corners of my Rampage MT. Makes it run quieter with less worries about wear!

DemonRC

rob64n said:
sorry to say this but the tempered ones i got from rob are doin the same thing but the stock ones are not
My Ramtechs are starting to get notched also. Rob might have heat treated the entire cup instead of just the shaft. The shafts are holding up well though.

pwaicon

My rear cups are doing the same thing also, which caused me to break a dogbone at the tack this past weekend. The dogbone was getting hung up in the groove which put too much stress on it and it eventually gave out, I guess it’s time for a rebuild.

Rudihenriksen

It is not worn.

But THIS is worn :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Rudihenriksen said:
It is not worn.
But THIS is worn :rolleyes:
Holy crap!. That thing is as worn out as a 2 dolla crack whore. What car did that come off of Rudi?

volitan

kirkhayes37 said:
Get HPI Baja 5b or 5T drive cup boots fill them with grease and they will last a loooong time. I have boots with grease in them on both ends of each dog bone on all four corners of my Rampage MT. Makes it run quieter with less worries about wear!
Were did you get the boots?

Do you happen to have a link for it?

Thanks

volitan

mooman007uk said:
I was running dark soul boots on all my bones, shredded everyone of them...waste of time for me
How did they rip?By rocks and stuff hitting it? or they just rip by them selves as they were moving?

volitan

I just ordered the dark soul one.They were on sale for 6.99 each at DDM so I ordered 3 packs of em..I will give em a try.can't hurt I guess

volitan

mooman007uk said:
mine ripped just with general usage...i run open bones now with no problems
I will use mine and if they rip quick it will open dog bone too for me :)

cybermonk

Hi there, i broke a cup of my FG-Monster the other day and they are massiv, ok, the harder we push our trucks, the more power we give them, even more things will break. i put new cups on the truck and to get sure it splits into two half things again, i put an alloy ring arround it, that was not my idea, cs-electronics (they are building the german rampage) sell those as hop ups.

http://www.cs-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,2476,d,1260485423-2549,produkte.modellauto.cs-electronic_t-rexx.tuningteil,C102620,2,Tshowrub--produkte.modellauto.cs-electronic_t-rexx.tuningteil,.htm

that still works good for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts