• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Does moving Steering manually cause damage?

Skywatch

Hi I baught a Rampage MT few days ago and was really happy exploring till my stupid cousin start moving the steering/tires manually put me in discomfort that now it will dis-align or broke eventually.

Someone please advise doing does it hurt the Steering trim or Steering Servos? [emoji25]

scooby61

Shouldn't hurt anything but doing it a lot will eventually cause undue wear on the gears in the servos and increase slop in the linkages.

Skywatch

Thank you for giving good hopes. I am in love with my MT. So possessive about its safety.

Bro how to open its airfilter. I want ti change it. I tired doing it but it looks fixed. Any suggestions?

designed2survive

This is what servos are designed to do and under highest stress when the car is on ground,lol! No worries! Wearing is going to happen at last when it's time for it. But not right away under normal use including your stupid cousin doing (lol, sorry)! As long as the servo was free to move and not restricted you are fine.

Skywatch

designed2survive said:
This is what servos are designed to do and under highest stress when the car is on ground,lol! No worries! Wearing is going to happen at last when it's time for it. But not right away under normal use including your stupid cousin doing (lol, sorry)! As long as the servo was free to move and not restricted you are fine.
Thanks for making me confident about my MT. I was stressed that vehicle is going to malfunction due to this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts