• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DIY Body Armor:

crpt_keeper

After reading al the threads warning about how brittle the XSC body is I decided to do some re-enforcing.

1. Walmart Cutting boards (1.99)

2. 3/16 drill and 3/16x1/4 rivets.

3. Masking tape a sharpy.

I was planning to do a step by step with pics but I accidentally deleted about 30 pics trying to delete only one. :mad:

But I have the finished product.

Front end, The fronts I flared out so they work as mudflaps and run right up to the chasis so it should cut down on the dirt inside the truck.

http:// 16a3703.jpg

Back end, I pritty much lined everywhere that had dirt from my break in. Ok well averywhere was dirty but the rear obviously had it packed into the corners.

http:// 20u3k06.jpg

Underside m7q7ig.jpg

Here you can see the 4 peices in place. I have extra cutting boards si I will be making a roof peice as well that will run down the back windor to the bed (most common cracking area)

As far as al the threads about the stock body cracking, I went over all the corners on mine before modding it. A few spots where it was cut from the factory were very sharp hard edges, I smootherd and rounded them.

The rounded edges will reduce stress as it flexes where a sharp corner concentraits all the force to one spot.

Once I get my Suby body rolling Im planning full rally guards for the chasis as well as the body.

The great thing about them is almost nothing sticks to them so mud and grass will slide right off.

I used some of the scrap to make axle guardsa and wheel scrapers as well, Ill add pics asap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts