• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

discharging. other ways besides the charger

kryptonite

for those that don't have dishargers on your chargers, what do you use? i always disharged my reciever/radio packs from my 977, but now thats gone. what other way can i disharge them completly?

forist

Contributor
I use 2 1157 car tail lights solder them together with a connector works relay good,it will discharge them all the way for best charging. U can also use a old rc electric motor but takes longer and will not discharge all the way. hope this helps :)

kryptonite

forist said:
I use 2 1157 car tail lights solder them together with a connector works relay good,it will discharge them all the way for best charging. U can also use a old rc electric motor but takes longer and will not discharge all the way. hope this helps :)
haa.. will that drain it too much with only 2 light? thats a good idea.. i guess my van will be short one blinker and one tail light:D.. thanx bud

forist

Contributor
I have used the lights on all my batts have never had a prob, my 4200ma in the TT have done it 7 or 8 times now and it never gets past the second light on my volt meter after 2 hours of run time. Hella charge with it......

hamster huey

Each 1157 supposedly equals 2 to 2.5 amps, so 4 to 5 if wired in parrallel. Make sure your discharge lead wires from you pack can support the amp draw.

Last edited by a moderator:

rob64n

Contributor
i use 3 194 bulbs if i don't i usually won't get my max mah's. i'm still running my stock redcat pack,the pack says 1800 mah but when i use the bulbs i always get above 1800 and sometimes 2000 mah

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts