• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Direct servo power ?

Kaz the Minotaur

Does anyone know where to get a 2 servo direct power harness other than DDM? Thay have been out of stock for a while.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Check some of the FG supply places maybe even www.bmihobbies.com they are big FG related hobby store over here in Plano Tx tell them Robert over here in Gladewater from Custom Fabrications sent you Can't swear they have them but they might. Air Wild Hobbies is big large scale RC plane I have gotten nice heavy duty switches and voltage regs from them big planes run direct servo power just not sure if AMS makes them

Simsy

Just make one yourself all you need is a couple of servo extensions, take out the +/- and solder them to the power feed after the switch, plug the servos in the other end and plug the remaining single wire into the rx cheap and easy.

C.B.

Simsy said:
Just make one yourself all you need is a couple of servo extensions, take out the +/- and solder them to the power feed after the switch, plug the servos in the other end and plug the remaining single wire into the rx cheap and easy.
thats a good idea

kryptonite

are you talking about just a splitter to run 2 servos? you can use a traxxas splitter from the revo. if thats what you meen. i run a splitter from my battery to the stearing servo with the other lead to the reciever. it gets you to the 6volt torque ratings. a servo thats rated at 350oz at 6 volts is really only running on 4.8v as its reduced by the reciever. so you would really only be running at maybe 290oz..

mooman007uk

Banned
I'm pretty sure most receivers will allow 6v or more, the nomadio receivers I have, and maybe some other 2.4 rx's, are regulated at 6v which is good for my digi4 life expectancy.

Simsy

The reason that I did this was whenever I was on brake and steering at the same time I would get a voltage drop that was enougth to trip my picco it was verey annoying. by bypassing the rx the picco would not read the voltage drop to the servos so I didnt have to restart my ramp every 2min. as for increased power at the servo if there was an incress I didnt notice it thats not to say there wasnt one but I cant be bothered to get the meter out to check.

mooman007uk

Banned
Simsy said:
The reason that I did this was whenever I was on brake and steering at the same time I would get a voltage drop that was enougth to trip my picco it was verey annoying. by bypassing the rx the picco would not read the voltage drop to the servos so I didnt have to restart my ramp every 2min. as for increased power at the servo if there was an incress I didnt notice it thats not to say there wasnt one but I cant be bothered to get the meter out to check.
What batt were you using, the stock one?....I don't seem to have a problem with dual steering and a 4200mah pack...I'm getting enough juice for a long session. The stock 1500mah batt didn't last long even with just one servo

Simsy

Im using a 4600mah batt its not a problem with the battry its just a voltage drop from both servos at full stall am useing hitech digital servos so they draw a lot of current. by direct wiering the power I have solved the prob.

beachthrottle

I am running a Dx3R Should I make one of these adapters? If so what all parts do I need

mooman007uk

Banned
Simsy said:
Im using a 4600mah batt its not a problem with the battry its just a voltage drop from both servos at full stall am useing hitech digital servos so they draw a lot of current. by direct wiering the power I have solved the prob.
Strange as I'm running the same set up with dual 5745's and 4200mah and pico but haven't run into that problem (yet) to trip the pico you have to go to 3.7volts so you had a big drop

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts