• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dimensions to look for in an aftermarket body?

Cain

What dimensions should I look for in an aftermarket body to get an idea if it will "fit"?

Right now, I am looking at the Rovan T2000 Body with wing and stiffener kit, the black and white one. Curious if anyone else has tried that or knows if it would fit or would be able to suggest a VW bug style body?

G

The truck bodies designed for the Baja are too long IMO. The wheel wells get way off. It kinda depends on how picky you are. Kinda the same with the bug bodies. The one in my avatar I completely cut off the front fenders and trimmed the front back some to get it to fit. Both Proline and KM make decent bug bodies.

Cain

thanks for the info. That bug body you have is pretty cool. Do you have any more pics of it front and rear?

For the mcd body, are you thinking the body for the W5?

G

Here ya go....

G

They are not the strongest, but another option is the Shredder SC or the XSC body.

Cain

Thanks for the info. Is there anything I need to make sure I have on hand to mount that bug body outside of the normal stuff the MT comes with?

My new tires came in, thinking these with the bug body could look pretty cool after seein your vehicle as inspiration :)

Here is the MCD body i am looking at also, the W5:

Liked the looks of the W5 when it came out:

Anyone know if this will fit and / or mods to get it to fit?

And lastly, I don't know why I didn't think of this till now but when looking at pics of what people have done for bodies, but how well does the jetpro side pipe fit with these bodies? I am wondering if I need to get a different pipe.

Really appreciate all the info, this site and its contributors are most helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The jetpro should fit under the SCT body but the bug might be too small. You may want to figure out somthing for side body posts it will help support the larger bodies.

Cain

cool. I'll see what I can find out for dimensions on the w5 then and compare to the 5T desert rat body.

G

The Desert Rat bodies are much shorter than the Baja 5t or 5sc bodies. The MCD body is probably very close in size to the Proline.

travmess

Dude i have one on my truck its not that far off as far as the wheel wells lining up the total length with stock redcat truck bumpers mb never checked as i ran hpi 5sc bumpers

G

I tried one of those bodies, but was not happy with the fit.

I ended going a different route.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts