• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Differential question??

Doozer

Changed out the old diff oil and cleaned the bearings on the front diff, went to to the same on the rear diff and noticed there was no washer between the o-ring and the outdrive retaining pin inside the box. It stuck out to me because the front had washers between both o-rings and pins. I looked at the exploded view, showed a washer....? Am I wrong to think there should be one or is this some sort of change? The car is 15 days old.

Ildy666

Yea there should be.if u ask redcat they will tell u it didn't need one when assembled. But what keeps the o- ring from getting torn up from the pin ?the washer!!!!good luck but both my diffs didn't have them I just used shims and it's it's good.but wtf????

ika

Same with me, just ask redcat and they will send shims.

BertR

My rampage had neither front or rear...made shims out of .07mm aluminum and never had an issue with he O ring after that.

Doozer

Took some pictures of what I needed and sent to Nathan at redcat. No questions other than what's my address. Sent out the whole diff rebuild kit on their dime. Wasn't happy about the issue, but more than happy about how it was taken care of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts