• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff cups

Triggerman77

Contributor
I keep breaking them too!! On my MT V3 !!! Thought it was from jumping so i stopped jumping and still break one almost every run :( Really Sux !!! I think their was a bad batch or something! BC they def.. should not snap in 5 min of run time !!! I wish Redcat would look into this issue a lil more! I haved spent way too much on just Diff Cups i could have more Aluminum HopUps !!

LightForce

Triggerman77 said:
I keep breaking them too!! On my MT V3 !!! Thought it was from jumping so i stopped jumping and still break one almost every run :( Really Sux !!! I think their was a bad batch or something! BC they def.. should not snap in 5 min of run time !!! I wish Redcat would look into this issue a lil more! I haved spent way too much on just Diff Cups i could have more Aluminum HopUps !!
Same here i went tru 8 so far , sometimes 5-15 min no jumping and rear is usually gone front sometimes . They don`t break when running tiny 5B front wheels tho.

I hope hardened ones would work . I`m running front 5T trenchers all around or front 5B Bowties- no issues with bowties yet. Gearing 31/29.

Triggerman77

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
Those are the new material cups. Hopefully they will last longer than the original ones.
I ordered several sets so far still the samething !! SNAP!! And my MT Has STOCK WHEELS AND TIRES!! I really wish i could get 4 of them that will hold up !!

LightForce

Triggerman77 said:
I ordered several sets so far still the samething !! SNAP!! And my MT Has STOCK WHEELS AND TIRES!! I really wish i could get 4 of them that will hold up !!
MT wheels are heavy so i knew cups won`t hold for long.

But front 5T trenchers all around I thought it will work for a while , but not.

That is the weakest link so far for me and I wish it would be like axle pin or something easier to dissasemble and fix,

maybe the new part meant for XT will fix the problem for me.(Hope so)

ronaldo11

Hey guys! I do no if you try putting grease in your DIFF CUFF housing and CVD joint. I already tried this on my MT V3 after breaking all my CVD shaft and 2 rear diff cuff. About 3-4 mos. now running my MT with Stock engine and Prostcok 30.5cc OBR with Bowtie tires, now I used MT stock tires to run and drifting in snow and ice, up to now I did not experienced breaking a drivetrain. HOP this will help u mate.

ronaldo11

If you notice some damage on your diff cuff, change it with new one. Put ample amount of grease in your diff cuff housing,put boots then grease in your cvd joint. Helps lubricate your drivetrain, smoothen friction and helps control the temp inside your diff cuff housing. Its so messy thou, when run you car. You will notice some grease coming out from the bearing. What the!!! if you keep breaking your drivetrain.

LightForce

ronaldo11 said:
If you notice some damage on your diff cuff, change it with new one. Put ample amount of grease in your diff cuff housing,put boots then grease in your cvd joint. Helps lubricate your drivetrain, smoothen friction and helps control the temp inside your diff cuff housing. Its so messy thou, when run you car. You will notice some grease coming out from the bearing. What the!!! if you keep breaking your drivetrain.
I have boots with grease on all cups,also klotz chain lube for all gears and drivetrain. All is running smooth and quiet. I tried grease and all silicone weight from 1000 to 30000, cups are still breaking. Shaft cup inside diff should be bigger.Then the problem will be outside of diff housing. Maybe easier to fix.

ronaldo11

I have nothing to say mate. You did all the option. Yeah! redcat should upgrade their drivetrain. I've notice in my new hpi 5sc their diff cuff and dogbone were big, yet this vehicle are lighter. The 9mm dogbone is twice the size of redcat. I love my redcat MT to run esp. this winter. Hopefully aftermarket parts maker of redcat wil do upgrade on the drivetrain.

mini the minx

It's abit of a known weak point I'm afraid :(

I heat tempered mine till they went a blue colour then welded a steel ring around them, so far so good (2 years and counting) ;)

LightForce

mini the minx said:
It's abit of a known weak point I'm afraid :( I heat tempered mine till they went a blue colour then welded a steel ring around them, so far so good (2 years and counting) ;)
They are breaking inside the diff right where pin sits on gear.

The shaft is too small diameter.

DemonRC

Did you temper your shafts to a blue color? I haven't broken one in my TT since doing that and I've run Trenchers with a TS 30.5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.