• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Demon 2spd

Greggfromohio

I had a hard time keeping the screws from coming loose too. I think it's important to throughly clean the threads with carb cleaner. I also scored the threads a bit with a chisel to help keep them from coming loose.

claude bigelow

Clutch

Any idea on how to remove this thing? Out of everything that I loctite of course it won't buge. So aggravated about to break it off and order a new one. I've pulled, tried to pry it off. Put a torch to it, still nothing. If all fails just break and replace. That's where I'm at with this right now.

Greggfromohio

If you use a puller you might want to place something in the center so that the threads in the hole don't get damaged. A nut would works pretty good.

claude bigelow

Greggfromohio said:
Any luck?
No still won't move, but it's not the clutch it's the pawl. I have no idea why it won't move. Sent demon an email to order replacement. Honestly I'm at the point I just want to break it off.

berto1230781

its the loctite that got on the shaft and it wont let it come off i been there i scraped the front of the shaft where the paw is to get rid of the excess loctite and heated it up and use a puller. i use a small battery terminal puller and it worked nice

claude bigelow

berto1230781 said:
its the loctite that got on the shaft and it wont let it come off i been there i scraped the front of the shaft where the paw is to get rid of the excess loctite and heated it up and use a puller. i use a small battery terminal puller and it worked nice
Tried the scrapping, and the heat. Just don't have a small puller. I'll try again when I get home.

Thanks

Greggfromohio

Sometimes a couple of heat and let cool cycles will break things loose. Also maybe you could try tapping on the shaft with a hammer and punch.*

G

claude bigelow said:
No still won't move, but it's not the clutch it's the pawl. I have no idea why it won't move. Sent demon an email to order replacement. Honestly I'm at the point I just want to break it off.
Why don't you just remove the whole gear plate?

claude bigelow

RCDAD said:
Why don't you just remove the whole gear plate?
Tried that, but I think like someone said the clutch must be broken. Can't pull it off either. Was thinking, how about removing engine. I know I'm just adding more work but don't know what else to do. Either way my old lady still got me out running around, so I'll have try everything tomorrow. My day starts at 3:30am, life as a train engineer. Only 20 more years to retirement. LOL

claude bigelow

Ok finally got the 2speed off, like RCdad thought clutch came apart. Actually one the screws broke off. Next problem got to get that out and replace clutch. Thanks everyone for your help.

rcgasser

It might be easier if you take the clutch carrier off that might leave enough of the bolt out to grip with some vise grips and screw out.

claude bigelow

rcgasser said:
It might be easier if you take the clutch carrier off that might leave enough of the bolt out to grip with some vise grips and screw out.
Took the center screw out of clutch carrier, but now I can't get that off. Any tips on removing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts