• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Delrin spur gear

GRIPNRIP123

Has anybody used the delrin spur gear from 7075? Is it quieter? The 7075 products look fantastic but i could not find any info on the gear advantages.

What brand of bearing is everyone buying?

Thanks for answering my questions!

Gaz

Why are the wheel adapters no good?

Ol' fart

twissted said:
He makes top notch stuff. "The wheel adapters are the only thing to stay away from."
Come on, you can't say stuff like that without explaneing why you feel that way, Man up.

rookie101

GRIPNRIP123 said:
I think the redcat wheels are great. Is there a problem with them that I don't know about? Ihave not had mine long enough to hurt one yet.
The wheels and tires are actually okay. The problem is the stock foams in the tires turn to dust in no time and make them unusable. The adapters also open up a huge selection of aftermarket wheels and tires.

Ol' fart

GRIPNRIP123 said:
Has anybody used the delrin spur gear from 7075? Is it quieter? The 7075 products look fantastic but i could not find any info on the gear advantaYes, it is quieter but I use Delrin because it will hold up to most motors and it last a long time. It is lighter than steel and resist ware.

Just don't let it get hot, it will melt. Keep a fan on you motor and don't run

super tall gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts