• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dammit Dammit Dammit

fat49f1

Contributor
Ran it twice broke it twice. do they sell these pins. this happened just running around the yard.

fat49f1

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
I broke one, I substituted the pin for a drill bit. I wish I could remember the size
first i broke a turnbuckle now this. it doesn't sway me . i love this beast

max 1

i use the hpi pins from daves 4mm x 22,just trim the exsisting of with dreml,bag of 6 pins i think.

cca71

I have the same problem, i just the pins for the hpi baja, but i used grinder and notched a groove in the middle for the set screws to counter ssink. if not the pins just work loose and come out the side

fat49f1

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Heheh Hey Ron do I need to show them a pic of the CVD I destroyed Saturday? If I can get a pic up this evening I will.
Obeast i have one of those too. Thats the reason for the tear down. IMG_2222.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/IMG_2222.jpg.13317355be26bb2301d6f052a6c303f1.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
I broke a dogbone pin on my tt in the first 2 min of running during break in, replaced it with a drill bit. had one other pin break, same repair. now my truck has moo diff cups and v1 bones, no more problems as of yet. my tt has moo diff cups and mcd dogbones... i'm hoping that holds up to my obr full mod 35cc motor = :D

obeast just has to much power no doubt, his cvd exploded = :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

max 1

mine did the sam thing . the back end came of the growd under full thot and the back tirers dug in ,oops.

cordy

fat49f1

Do you know where I can get the bushing with the grub screw that holds the pin? Ihave 2 extra dog bones that are missing the bushing. Thanks for reading. Cordy

Obeast44

Banned
I might have one, if the CVD that I exploded didnt ruin it. I will check tomorrow morning and get back to you via PM. I would also ask Rob and see if that is something they stock seperate as well.

Obeast44

Banned
Heres my CVD, and Cordy I think the piece you need should be in good enough shape to reuse. Send me your address via PM and I will mail it out to ya early next week. Also Fat49F1 I will send you the drive axle from that CVD ( not pictured) so you can reuse that CVD you have. Just PM me your address as well.

Keychain001.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts