• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cvd run

flint mann

I ran the cvd's last Saturday. The install was easy just like replacing a dogbone but also removing the axle. The fit was ice no end to end slop at all. I would have liked to see grub screws to hold the pin that holds the hub to the axle but that is an easy fix at the local hardware store. The action is smooth. I ran them dry, no grease no boots. I have a 26cc fuelie mill with a RD logics pipe. I am running a 33(a) 27(B) gear setup with steel 25's for c and d. The TT5 has Hostile mini MX's on all four corners mounted to Stock HPI rims in back and RamTech billet centerline rims up front. The back hubs are GBE extended and the front are stock 5b. I did the runs in the field next to my house. It has looks nice and smooth but has many hazards under the smooth dead grass facade. I ran WOT most of the tank and did a couple jumps off the 4 ft hill in the back corner. The cvd on the left rear broke within a couple passes but not to be undaunted there were three left to test so I put a dogbone back in and continued testing. I ran the rest of the day the other three held up. The break was at the joint the ball broke letting the drive shaft come out. At the end of the day I checked the remaining three and found that the pin holding the drive shaft to the axle was sliding out and pushed them back down and made sure the grub screws that hold it in place were tight. Some green loctite or heat shrink would solve that problem. So far I give it an 8 out of 10. I ordered another set to replace the broken one. I will do further testing a week from Saturday with Sprint and Robdog. Hopefully my videographer will feel better so I can get some pics and vids of the "testing".

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

man, that really stinks. i wanted to get the cvd's.. but there is no way im going to buy an upgrade, and then have to upgrade my upgrade or buy extra upgrades to maintain my upgrade.. are the mcd bones longer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
Ah good to see the story now.

Can you post a picture of the broken one?

Just curious to see what the break looks like, wether it was a failure on your part or a hardening issue.

kryptonite

ya second the pics, wondering what others thought as well. i was going to order them this week with all my other goodies, but now im not sure?

prostock

kryptonite said:
man, that really stinks. i wanted to get the cvd's.. but there is no way im going to buy an upgrade, and then have to upgrade my upgrade or buy extra upgrades to maintain my upgrade.. are the mcd bones longer?
krypt,

The MCD's fit fine you need to center them just like the stock one's. The quality is better and the bones is thicker!

The HPI boot's don't move on the MCD bone's either!

BRC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts