• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CVD pins keep falling out please help

rcgasser

I have the rampage mt v3 and on the left side only front and back the grub screw keeps losing and the pin keeps falling out. I have tried 2 suggestions I found on this forum. The heat shrink tube well that works for awhile but then the tubing would eventually slide down the dog bone and the pin would fall out so I put electrical tape on the end of the shrink wrap and eventually the tape would twist and the the shrink wrap would slide and the pin would fall out. Then I tried the o ring over the pin trick and that would roll off or break. So what can I do for a perment fix? And why does this happen only on the left side? The right side is just fine. Thanks very much for any and all help I have lost 6 pins so far.

Triggerman77

Contributor
O-rings around the cup I have not lost one yet :) I have pics up here somewhere search my posts

rcgasser

Thanks for your reply I tried the O rings and they broke off maybe I used the wrong o rings. I also read on this forum about the hpi boots will this help in the problem? I am thankful for any help.In

rcgasser

I tried the shrink tube but after a while i could not stop it from spinning off the pin it would slide down the dogbone.

ImminentFailure

Maybe triggerman can offer up what o-ring type/size he uses. On my other RC's I used shrink tubing, but i also ground a small flat channel into the ball all the way around, and the end of each pin. Then it would shrink into the channel so to speak. I then covered it in liquid electrical tape.

metal finisher

Contributor
cvd pins

you may want to grind a little flat spot on the pin right where the set screw will hit it, put some locktite down in the hole then the set screw i like red for this application. but make sure you heat it up first if you take it apart

rcgasser

Thanks for the great idea putting electrical tape has held pretty good so for I will try this idea next thanks once again.

MTMIKE

Has anyone tried milling down wheel hub about 60 -90 thousands so wheel actually slide on little deep to cover pins? Friend of mine is going to mill one down for me to try it out.

Nitrolio

i do cnc laser programming/running and have a home hobby cnc router, the milling is a good idea, i will try that when i replace my broke cvd, left rear went into pieces driving in the grass :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts