custom toothed pulleys

Burlzabra

ive had a thought of replacing the gears with toothed pulleys, there are alot of different sizes avalable but im starting off with 2mm pitch 6mm wide

Burlzabra

i have seen those before and im sure they work great but i wasnt so keen on spending $130, if these cheaper ones decide not to work for any reason i would be considering in one of those but i wasnt too keen on the 1:1 i would have liked to chop n change when i want if i had the opportunity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/36T-8mm-Bore-6mm-Width-GT2-Timing-Belt-Aluminum-Drive-Pulley-F-DIY-3D-Printer-/381372117256?hash=item58cb8cb108:g:-ckAAOSwd0BV2pXW

im getting something like this it uses a 6mm wide belt which might to too thin but it fits with the stock cover on... if the belt decides to break i would go for the 16mm wide instead

Burlzabra

yeah sounds good phill i will defenently be looking into one of those when my cheap Chinese one turns to shit

Burlzabra

i havnt got 100 bucks to spend willy nilly, these cheap ones may work out fine for me and if they don't its a waste of a whole 5 bucks so its worth a go matey

Members online

Latest posts