• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Copper head gaskets

str8jailbird

Just curious as to installing a copper head gasket. I was running my Ramp MT today and after a few mintues she started sputtering and holding a high idle. Brought it back to me and immediately shut it off. Upon inspection I found an oil residue around the head gasket. Needless to say the gasket is shot. I ordered .20 copper gasket but am curious as to RTV'ing the gasket. It's been a long time since I've delved into metal head gaskets and can't for the life of me remember which type (red or blue) and how much to use. I think it was just a bead around the gasket and bolts holes top and bottom but not sure as to the temp requirments of the RTV. I have a tube of red and blue, which one do I use?

DemonRC

Make sure to keep it thin and even. Too much and it'll squish out and end up inside the crankcase and transfer ports. I stopped using RTV on the head gasket and haven't had a problem.

max 1

I Use The Black Rtv On All My Copper Just A Thin Layer ,no Oil Resado Any Wher,i Use Green Shocth Brite To Ruf Up Gasket Have Not Had A Problem With Leaks Yet,hope That Helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts