• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch

Sal

Can somebody please help me out! I am having a problem with clutch.. all factory rampage clutch shoes and spring.. does anyone know where I can buy the clutch shoe holder? Or exact name of it... Mine seems to spin freely, or is this the way it is.... Truck won't move just revs and barley turns the tires.. any info would be greatly appreciated

G-Man

Can somebody please help me out! I am having a problem with clutch.. all factory rampage clutch shoes and spring.. does anyone know where I can buy the clutch shoe holder? Or exact name of it... Mine seems to spin freely, or is this the way it is.... Truck won't move just revs and barley turns the tires.. any info would be greatly appreciated
The part is called a clutch plate. It should be pressed onto the output of the crankshaft with a center retaining bolt. If it is installed properly turning the clutch plate will also turn the engine around too. So maybe the center bolt came loose. I would pull the bolt out, using a piston stopper in the spark plug hole, and loctite it well then reinstall very tight, that should press the clutch plate back on. I wouldn't crack it with a hammer to seat it..

Sal

The part is called a clutch plate. It should be pressed onto the output of the crankshaft with a center retaining bolt. If it is installed properly turning the clutch plate will also turn the engine around too. So maybe the center bolt came loose. I would pull the bolt out, using a piston stopper in the spark plug hole, and loctite it well then reinstall very tight, that should press the clutch plate back on. I wouldn't crack it with a hammer to seat it..
OK thank you for your help. So just to be clear it doesn't have to spin freely right!!! And does the clutch plate ever go bad(like trip or something)? Thanks again

G-Man

OK thank you for your help. So just to be clear it doesn't have to spin freely right!!! And does the clutch plate ever go bad(like trip or something)? Thanks again
Like I said if the clutch plate spins freely it is not installed correctly. Pull the center bolt and loctite it. Retighten really tight. That will press it back onto the crank. When on properly it should turn the engine over like pulling the pull string. It may be bad though from feespinning on the crank. But I'd try to reinstall. Hope this helps..

Sal

Like I said if the clutch plate spins freely it is not installed correctly. Pull the center bolt and loctite it. Retighten really tight. That will press it back onto the crank. When on properly it should turn the engine over like pulling the pull string. It may be bad though from feespinning on the crank. But I'd try to reinstall. Hope this helps..
Thank you. Appreciate the help

Sal

No problem buddy. Let me know if that fixed it..
So I tried doing what u suggested and it worked!! Thanks alot ... Now I just want to order a new clutch to have everything good.. would u recommend stock or high rpm one.. thanks again

G-Man

So I tried doing what u suggested and it worked!! Thanks alot ... Now I just want to order a new clutch to have everything good.. would u recommend stock or high rpm one.. thanks again
Go to ddmracing.com and get a quality 8k clutch for it. That will help with the low end bog when first pulling out with the stock setup. I made the mistake of getting a cheap version and one of the retaining bolts snapped off when running it. I had to pull it back apart and to drill and easy-out the broken bolt, just to buy a good one from ddm. Glad to have helped sir!

Sal

So I bought the new 8k clutch from DDM. Installed it and ran horrible. Wouldn't even move much, I took it apart and check the clutch plate again and it seemed to be on tight... I went ahead and put the stock spring on the new clutch shoes and it ran way better. Im waiting on a new clutch plate to arrive to switch it out and see if that helps...Idk how quick the rampage moves are how it performs at its best but I feel like mine is not working 100%. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do or check.. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.