• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clutch won't engage well

kryptonite

if thats the case, there it has to be the clutch binding. its imposiblle for the clutch "spring" to be too stiff. if its not the clutch binding then look beyond the clutch. were the 2 screws attach to. that handle that the clutch screws to is only mounted to the crank shaft with pressure. it could be that the crank is just spinning, but not getting to the clutch. to check that you ?MIGHT? be able to pull the clutch, un-hook the spark plug and hold the arm with something like a clamp. pull the cord and see if it free spins. just a thought..

ipsagel

That roll cage bro was my week end project. It was made with a 3/8" aluminum bar and pieces of heat shrink. I used it to reinforced the joints which were weakened by the screw holes that I drilled. Anyway, thanks a lot guys for all the ideas and suggestions you shared to me, hope I can figure out and solve this prob. with all those suggestions.

kryptonite

just keep us posted on what you find or don't find. interested in whats going on here..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts