• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

clutch sparks ?

jamiekayla8687

just bought ine new out of box when the clutch starts to engage it will throw sparks ??
anyone had this happen havent even been 4 minutes into break in of engine and cant do anything till i figure this out

neeper

It sounds like you have metal to metal contact. I'd remove the gear plate and clutch bell to see what's rubbing. I have a feeling one of the clutch bolts have come loose and now rubbing on the inside of the clutch bell. If it is the bolts, use some blue loctite on them so they don't back out from vibration. Also allow 24 hours for the loctite to fully cure.

jamiekayla8687

It sounds like you have metal to metal contact. I'd remove the gear plate and clutch bell to see what's rubbing. I have a feeling one of the clutch bolts have come loose and now rubbing on the inside of the clutch bell. If it is the bolts, use some blue loctite on them so they don't back out from vibration. Also allow 24 hours for the loctite to fully cure.

i took it off to look and one side of clutch pad is gone completely and other pad is pitted bad
but its right out of box didnt even run 10 min into break in so im guessing a defective part or stock clutch is just no good im not sure ordered a 8 k clutch kit maybe that will be a lil better

Attachments

• E08A114C-01D4-4E2A-A343-6190ABE1A5EA.jpeg
    E08A114C-01D4-4E2A-A343-6190ABE1A5EA.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 14
  • D7C740D4-4EB1-4F6F-8291-819BA6BEA4B2.jpeg
    D7C740D4-4EB1-4F6F-8291-819BA6BEA4B2.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 36184A71-BCC5-47E4-9F2D-ED3D323F3FCA.jpeg
    36184A71-BCC5-47E4-9F2D-ED3D323F3FCA.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 13

jamiekayla8687

yeah buddy mine has a rovan and he has never seen it either i was so stoked to get this beast and then bang problems out of box lol

$nake_Life

Check your brakes man mine did this right out off box there are two screws that you can adjust the brake shoes one was out to much and was making brakes drag/bind the truck should roll easy without any drag also smoked a clutch cuz of there junk bearings the one on the clutch Bell was shot not even two tanks of gas ran threw it hope that helps I'd definitely check it out before you smoke a new clutch!

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_152525.jpg
    IMG_20190919_152525.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 5

jamiekayla8687

Check your brakes man mine did this right out off box there are two screws that you can adjust the brake shoes one was out to much and was making brakes drag/bind the truck should roll easy without any drag also smoked a clutch cuz of there junk bearings the one on the clutch Bell was shot not even two tanks of gas ran threw it hope that helps I'd definitely check it out before you smoke a new clutch!
new clutch suppose to be in today ill make sure to check everything the best i can thank you all for the help its raining so much prob wont get to try it for a few days but i will let yall know what happens

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online