• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clean up

CyberVet65

Contributor
OK we got a ton of thread about starting and playing and tuning.

Whet we need now is a check list of what you do when the day is done. Other than fixing the broken stuff. :rolleyes:

Drain fuel?

Hose it down the if you have a compressor blow it dry.

Where not to use the air?

Wipe it down with anything?

Put any oil into the engine to keep it lubed?

Store it where?

Hang it up or let it set on the tires?

Remove the tires to store?

Some of this is common sense but it depends on how long it is between runs. Some folks like me will run a lot. I am retired and I have tht time. Some folks will run once in a while and some folks will only run on the weekends.

Storage can be an issue.

So let's do a list.

phreerider

elements to consider, wet or dry. remove tires wash separately and have ample access to outdrives.

keep it dry, keep it simple. blow out, lube, blow out excess, i like to do it running, driveline will be ready to go. finish the tank or remove it, try not to leave it.

dusty stuff, brush(like big tooth brush), cloth and blow out , repeat til satisfied. WD40 is an all around cleaner/lube so it won't hurt.

water/wet/ mud/grass. light spray(pump sprayer) out drives with water/dilute green stuff. blow out. repeat til effective. sometimes a few minutes to soak so it loosen and can be blown out, then follow with lube spray EVERYTHING that got wet. blow out excess, i generally repeat twice if considerable water was used. WD40 is the basic to start with, there are dry silicone that will much better for the DRY scenario for sure.

choose for your conditions. controlling water flow is important so don't get carried away, AVOID CARB (use only CARBstuff!) AND electronics in general with water. WD40 is the everything lube/cleaner it ok for just about all. practice and control of spray and water come with time.

a good blow tip is essential, small, long enough to get into tight spots.

i like doing it all while running(not the dry brushing) ...makes u work faster and use less in general and most joints are self cleaning with action so its helping u.

clean tires separately, power spray

blow it out , wipe out excess disconnect batteries , unit is ready to rock for next time

crazyfast

I'm new here so this is great to hear what others do!

1. I don't drain the fuel... although if you're going to put it up for a few months during winter, then it may not be a bad idea.

2. I wouldn't suggest hosing it (unless you've taken some kind of water proofing precautions with servos and connections). I always blast all the grass/loose debris out from under the engine, drive cups, and steering area with an air compressor.

3. I use a moist rag to finish wiping everything down and again blow it off to dry.

4. There's not really anything to lube up on the engine. Keep in mind, when you lube things, it attracts dirt/dust to those areas. WD-40 is AMAZING!! It was originally developed as a water-resistant substance (uses fish oil). I spray some on a rag and wipe down my shocks with them for I noticed the aluminum on the shocks seems to oxidize pretty easily. DON'T SPRAY the WD-40 everywhere unless you plan on wiping everything down really good!! Again too much will attract dirt/dust.

After a couple outings, I will actually disassemble the CVD's and hubs and wipe down the bearings and drive cups and re-grease them and make sure the set screw on the CVD pin is not loose.

6. I always keep mine on the stand to save the foam in the tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.