• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Choke Delete For More Power

hamster huey

I was thinking of doing a choke delete. Has anyone has done it and was the performance increase noticeable? I have seen pics of people who filled the holes from the choke after its removed with JB weld but I wonder if the JB gets loose wont it ruin the piston and head? Is there another way to do this? I have seen slider chokes that can be installed that don't impede airflow. The slider chokes are made for the choke delete option.

kryptonite

i never heard of this and was wondering about it. i have an 813, and it doesn't have a choke. havent installed it yet either

chucked

I threaded the holes and put bolts in the old holes on my old carb. Only problem I had with this mod is its a PITA to start it cold.

pup1970

Through years of kart racing and removing chokes from carbs, I have found that red rtv is the best for filling holes. It wont ruin a motor if it does get sucked in. I have never had one sucked in though. You might see a gain in the mid to top end but doubt you will notice much difference unless you have a full mod motor.

kryptonite

can someone do this mod and post pics? what makes the performance increase? is it the extra air intake from the butterfly being gone?

DemonRC

biggiecamp said:
Several aftermarket companies sell choke plates. Wide open path for air when open and of course choked when closed.
If I were gonna use a choke with an 813 I'd use the aftermarket choke plates since they don't restrict airflow.

Sucram

I have done it to my baja. But because I did other things like machine a taper into the carb I cant say how much I picked up.

Can be a pain to start too.

Realistically, you will be gaining maybe 10% air flow.

Try it back to back and let us know. If you don't really need to change the tune it didnt really change the power.

I used red 3 bond, cant remember the exact numbers but any good silicon will work

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts