• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

chimera sr electric conversion

blown4g63t

So I bought a none running chimera sr gas model a few months ago and found out the engine was bad. After looking into engines I decided to convert it to electric. I like that the electrics can go through some water and played in the snow so that's another reason why. I bought the motor mount from Kershaw designs along with a leopard 5892 brussless motor and 12 tooth pinion. A have a few pictures to post but for some reason all the photos fail to upload so I'll work on that.

chapinb

Electrics of this scale do NOT play well with water in any amount. You can waterproof but there are no guarantees.

That said, I love my xb-e!

blown4g63t

I plan to waterproof them but im not gonna go through deep water just some snow and maybe some mud puddles lol.

blown4g63t

Lol with the price of these parts thats about when it will be done. I tried to get quality parts for a good deal, so im taking my time finding them. I don't want to use a bunch of knockoff junk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts