• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera question

mccannjr145

Is there any way to gain a couple inches of ground clearance?

G

A larger wheel tire combo. Several inches will negatively affect the handling.

These give a little bit more ground clearance.

Last edited:

Kuneff

Hey guys, new here. Whats involved in using different wheels? I have not found a straight answer.

Silent_chaos

What is meant by Different wheels is that bigger wheels give you higher ground clearance. Which is better in offroad trucks.

Also, redcat wheels aren't top notch, less than 10 tanks and they'll be worn.

So most of members here run HPI wheels with their adaptors.

You can find a lot of brands that do the job.

Kuneff

With those wheel adapters will it run any 1/5th scale wheel or what?

Whats a good tire option for asphalt, gravel and dirt? I have rotated the stock tires a few times to keep wear even. I have one thats bald on the outside edge now. They have lasted almost 1.5 gallons of gas so far, fairly sure they will last a little longer if I stop drifting it on blacktop. :)

G

It will run about 99% of them. Losi, MCD, HPI and several others mount on a 24mm hex.

Silent_chaos

Yup. Either rear trenchers with desperado rims or Hostile mxt extra hard (theyre perfect for bashing and overall environment)

U can find them at ddm.

BertR

Another thing to remember when choosing a tire is the taller the tire the higher the speed ...small tire more torque and less speed.

G

BertR said:
Another thing to remember when choosing a tire is the taller the tire the higher the speed ...small tire more torque and less speed.
Good point.

That's why I like the taller tires. Added ground clearance in nice also.

X-ray man

I am running the hostile slicks and it works well for me, just minor adjustment to camber for better grip..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts