• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera EP

jhawk19

Hey Guys,

My Chimera EP will be delivered on Monday (11/4). I'm looking for some wheels/tire upgrades and I'd like to add lights to the existing light bar.

Thoughts...Tips...on what I need to purchase?

RampageHopUps

Both my adapters and light kits are coming slowly. It's been a tough few months getting ready for Dunetoberfest.

jhawk19

RampageHopUps said:
Both my adapters and light kits are coming slowly. It's been a tough few months getting ready for Dunetoberfest.
Can you let me know where I can get adapters so that I can use HPI wheels?

RampageHopUps

Right now, you can only buy the RAMTech Adapters and then get XT axles to mount them. I am working on adapters that you can use by themselves.

jhawk19

So, I know you sell the RAMTech Adapters ($70) and I'd need the XT axles (where/how much?)...That's getting pricey just to install wheels/tires that are going to cost another $70 - $150.

We're sure Rovan doesn't have a direct bolt on set?

G

jhawk19 said:
So, I know you sell the RAMTech Adapters ($70) and I'd need the XT axles (where/how much?)...That's getting pricey just to install wheels/tires that are going to cost another $70 - $150.
Not really when you consider the huge wheel/tire selection. It gives you the ability to run all the wheels designed for the Baja, 5ive and MCD platforms.

If it's not in your budget, just wait until the new adapters are available. :)

jhawk19

RampageHopUps said:
That is not correct.
What is "not correct"? It clearly states on the site, "91625 Wheel adapters allow use of HPI Baja rims on the Redcat Rampage MT/TT and Dunerunner".

XBENOOB said:
I just ordered a set.
Can you give us an update once you receive them?

G

What is "not correct"? It clearly states on the site, "91625 Wheel adapters allow use of HPI Baja rims on the Redcat Rampage MT/TT and Dunerunner".
Those adapters fit the listed Redcats. Like Rob stated, the Chimeras are not the same. The Chimera axels are smaller than the ones used by the MT, TT and DR uses.

XBENOOB

RampageHopUps said:
The chimera hubs and MT hubs are different.
RCDAD said:
Those adapters fit the listed Redcats. Like Rob stated, the Chimeras are not the same. The Chimera axels are smaller than the ones used by the MT, TT and DR uses.
The Chimeras axles are 10mm the MT axles are 12mm.

So now all I need is a sleeve with an ID of 10mm and OD of 12mm.

RampageHopUps

That's a possibility. I haven't looked at how far the pin is from the outer bearing. That might change things.

XBENOOB

RampageHopUps said:
That's a possibility. I haven't looked at how far the pin is from the outer bearing. That might change things.
I have attached the HPI wheel adapters and the pin location is the same.

All I need is the tube / sleeve with an 12mm OD and a 10mm ID.

Will let you know what I find.

G

Good luck.

I have not been successful in finding anything that works.

krebidoux

You can take a piece of hydrolic tube that is close to the size, cut to length, and then cut down one side so you can open or sqeeze it to fit. I've done it before but not on a 1/5 scale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts