• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chimera EP Pro 10,000mah

G

I rewired my sons EP Pro for some better packs.

It is now parallel running 2 x 6s 5000mah. This should give him a good 25-30 minutes of run time.

C208BEA7-B550-491A-86C3-957BF492889C_zps4yfvmpvo.jpg

G

They come with 2 x 3s 3800mah, ran in series. That equates to 6s 3800mah. It was only getting 12-15min of run time. :(

G

Thanks.

I hate spaghetti wiring. Should be as short as possible.

daravelli

Just curious, what benefits (or drawbacks) are there for running equivalent setups wired in series vs parallel? For example: two 3s 5000mah packs wired in series vs two 6s 2500mah packs wired in parallel?

ndoty

daravelli said:
Just curious, what benefits (or drawbacks) are there for running equivalent setups wired in series vs parallel? For example: two 3s 5000mah packs wired in series vs two 6s 2500mah packs wired in parallel?
In the end you get 5000mah at 6s while running.

It all comes down to charging capabilities.

The 2 3s 5000mah would need to be charged at 3s 10A (1C) Parallel Charging and 6s 5A (1C) Series Charging. So charger capabilities would need to be 6s @ 5A or 3s @ 10A.

The 2 6s 2500mah would need to be charged at 6s 5A (1C) Parallel Charging and 12s 2.5A (1C) Series Charging. So charger capabilities would need to be 6s @ 5A or 12s @ 2.5A.

So in the end your charger limits the options as above.

ndoty

bullaculla said:
Or you could just keep it simple and charge one battery at a time.
When you run 2 batteries in series like this it is best to charge them together to make sure the cells are matched across each battery. The closer they are to each other the better they will deplete. Then you don't have to worry about a cell dropping below the min.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts