• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cheap $$$ Rampage pipe option

Corso

I know you get what you pay for, so please don't flame me, LOL, but I just have to ask; has anyone tried this pipe?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/331000002143

I mean, for $30 bucks shipped, I may buy one just for the heck of it. I doubt there would be any power gains, and it'll probably break after a few runs, but.......$30. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

Corso said:
I know you get what you pay for, so please don't flame me, LOL, but I just have to ask; has anyone tried this pipe? http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/331000002143

I mean, for $25 bucks shipped, I may buy one just for the heck of it. I doubt there would be any power gains, and it'll probably break after a few runs, but.......$25. :)
It's alloy

You'll be lucky if it lasts a tank before it melts.

Instead of throwing away $25 save up and buy a Jetpro

Corso

It's not about having to save up for a better pipe, but true, junk is junk.

Phill

Corso said:
It's not about having to save up for a better pipe, but true, junk is junk.
Sure is

I wasted a lot of money trying to find a "cheap" pipe before I gave in and bought a Jetpro

designed2survive

It's cheap, true! But it's aluminum so it will melt. And when it does, you will be out $30. If you keep your money, you'll be $30 closer to a jetpro pipe. If you don't you will be $30 farther from a jetpro pipe.

BertR

The first time you flip the truck when that pipe is warmed up it will flatten like a beer can. Save your money and get something made from steel.

ika

Cheap $$$ Rampage pipe option

Why no one mentions CPI, isn't it good enough ?

designed2survive

ika said:
Why no one mentions CPI, isn't it good enough ?
Because the best advice is the one about a product you actually used. That being said, the CPI pipe according to those who have owned it, is a great pipe.

Corso

Just an FYI, DDM has a few blems of their Dominator pipe for $119. Firsts are $169. I was a little concerned not knowing what condition they were but I bought one anyway. Well, I got it today (ordered Monday, great service), and let me tell you, the thing is flawless. No idea what makes these blems......if this is a 2nd, I can imagine what a 1st looks like. http://www.davesmotors.com/DDM-Dominator-Chrome-Pipe-for-Redcat-Rampage-Truck-Buggy-TT-MT-HPI-Maverick-Blackout.html*If posts like this are not allowed, please feel free to remove, and my apologies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_02/image.jpg.d4f951c390683a7928cde066ce78048f.jpg

G-Man

Corso said:
Just an FYI, DDM has a few blems of their Dominator pipe for $119. Firsts are $169. I was a little concerned not knowing what condition they were but I bought one anyway. Well, I got it today (ordered Monday, great service), and let me tell you, the thing is flawless. No idea what makes these blems......if this is a 2nd, I can imagine what a 1st looks like. http://www.davesmotors.com/DDM-Dominator-Chrome-Pipe-for-Redcat-Rampage-Truck-Buggy-TT-MT-HPI-Maverick-Blackout.html

*If posts like this are not allowed, please feel free to remove, and my apologies.
Hey thanks man. Been debating between the dominator and the jetpro. But this blem dominator with the DDM coupon code took another 5% off to $113.05 with free shipping made my decision for me. Hear good things about both pipes. So really can't go wrong..

Corso

That's a steal. The Dominator is a killer, you're going to love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online