• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cheap car work stands

disposalone

Bought one 2 tier and 1 tier Lazy Susan from Bed Bath and Beyond for $24 total.

Cheap for a car stand x 2.

G

Nice.

I use a roller seat that I modified. Total invested about $30

-

d3d0fb63.jpg

41912045.jpg

disposalone

Thanks

Your roller seat is more solid, mine is made out of plastic.

Very nice cheaper the better for more hop ups LOL.

Is the belt drive worth it and were do purchase it? DDM?

Also a 990 carb from DDM good for my MT and what for a air filter?

I'm going to order from DDM soon. Info much appreciated. Thanks

G

The 990 is the carb of choice.

Most run the HPI filter and the angled shred stack to keep the filter above the servos.

The belt drive comes from us. Its gear ratio is a bit tall for the huge MT tires. If you convert to the Baja tires it works great.

http://www.rcpitstop.net/belt-drive.html

Deluge

Nice stands. The 990 is a great carb. I run the HPI filter with an Outerwears pre-filter. Awesome setup. Don't forget to use the "HBF" discount code at checkout.

Guantanamo Joe

The belt drive comes from RC Pitstop. There is another place to get them, but you wont beat his customer service/support.

I modified an old office chair that I found sitting by a dumpster. Ripped everything off the rolling/rotating hydraulic stand, then built a nice plywood platform with a raised portion running down the center. Very stable, somewhat portable, and keeps my cats wheels off the "ground" while working on them. Finish it off with a nice rampage sticker and it almost looks like it was supposed to be that way. However, the only thing I can not seem to fix is how my wife's eyes roll when she comes downstairs and sees the stand in the middle of the living room with car parts all around it... ha ha ha

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
The belt drive comes from RC Pitstop. There is another place to get them, but you wont beat his customer service/support.I modified an old office chair that I found sitting by a dumpster. Ripped everything off the rolling/rotating hydraulic stand, then built a nice plywood platform with a raised portion running down the center. Very stable, somewhat portable, and keeps my cats wheels off the "ground" while working on them. Finish it off with a nice rampage sticker and it almost looks like it was supposed to be that way. However, the only thing I can not seem to fix is how my wife's eyes roll when she comes downstairs and sees the stand in the middle of the living room with car parts all around it... ha ha ha
Buy her some sun glasses. You can't fix it, but you can cover it.

Guantanamo Joe

This is true... or I could start in on the "you shouldnt be out of the kitchen anyway" jokes... that could do the trick

(please note that in no way does Guantanamo Joe actually feel this way about women... they are not only good for doing work in the kitchen. I have found that my wife also does wonderful yard work as well... ha ha ha ha)

Im glad she still hasnt started her own identity on this forum yet.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
This is true... or I could start in on the "you shouldnt be out of the kitchen anyway" jokes... that could do the trick(please note that in no way does Guantanamo Joe actually feel this way about women... they are not only good for doing work in the kitchen. I have found that my wife also does wonderful yard work as well... ha ha ha ha)

Lmao...

No kidding, you'ld be sleeping with your RCs

Shvelle

I use a motorcycle stand. There is a hole in the top that allows access to chassis screws. The top is just the right size to allow the car to be spun around (even with the wheels on). I sit on a roller stool in front of it and it is at a nice working height. A cafeteria style plastic tray fits in the bottom, providing a nice place to drop removed parts. Price was aprox. $30 on sale, and the plastic tray came from the Dollar Store.

Workstand (2).jpg

Workstand (1).jpg

Workstand (2).jpg

Workstand (1).jpg

/monthly_2012_07/583c6064882c6_Workstand(2).jpg.a8110b969cda9270b55ef56e678929d0.jpg

/monthly_2012_07/583c60648b58a_Workstand(1).jpg.fc48dac08a570212c15ebad7cecbf2ca.jpg

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
This is true... or I could start in on the "you shouldnt be out of the kitchen anyway" jokes... that could do the trick(please note that in no way does Guantanamo Joe actually feel this way about women... they are not only good for doing work in the kitchen. I have found that my wife also does wonderful yard work as well... ha ha ha ha)

Bwahahaha. That's great.

disposalone

anyone know if the Hyper-Charger Air Filter by RB Innovations bought from DDM will fit a rampage MT? DDM part # af350 - RB Innovations Hyper-Charger Air Filter for HPI 5b/5T/5SC

G

If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen one on the forum mounted to a MT.

Deluge

You'd have to rework the throttle linkage. You won't see any performance gains, though. It's pretty much a gimmick. Which is what RB Innovations is known for. Gimmicky parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts