• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cheap 2.4 radio that will work

Ron E

Contributor

hamster huey

I use both

Airtronics mx3fg fhss2 $135

Airtronics fhss2 sport $100

Supposedly the FG has greater range but I have never gotten either out of range. I can drive either until I cant see the car.

I have also heard the Futaba you linked is very good but have not tried it. Find one you think youd like and get it used on ebay.

fastlane

Team Driver
+1 Hamster. I own a MX-3 FHSS and it's the best radio for me. No problems and I even have the Nicd battery pack from Airtronics.

fastlane

Team Driver
Ron E said:
will this work?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWPW0&P=ML

or

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXMV5&P=ML

i will use the new killer b 2 ch kill switch, just want to be better than my aggressor and want to be 2.4 so i can run at the scrap yard fun track, not going to race, just play on the mild track.

i want a SIMPLE radio that will do the job for my rampig.
You surely want a 3 channel to be able to run a 3rd channel kill switch. Please don't run without one. Seriously.

Ron E

Contributor
fastlane said:
You surely want a 3 channel to be able to run a 3rd channel kill switch. Please don't run without one. Seriously.
you can use a kill switch with a 2 channel, that opens the door to these contollers. I will use a killer b 2 ch kill switch as stated in my original post.

thanks obeast44 for posting this info before, I found your thread in a search for kill switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
you got a 3ch radio now;) so you can use any of the killerrc switches and the #1 is cheaper than the 2ch switch
yes thanks moo, also got some moo proof diff cups.

I also ordered the tower hobbies 2 channel 2.4 to try it, I do have 2 rampages.

I also just boiled 12 suspension arms for the tt, the mt is alum but the tt's all plastic. had 2 upgrade kits plus the stock mt arms, figured might as well get em ready, I think the tt and I are going to the scrap yard in june... just to run on the fun track, not to race. :D

thanks again moo for the radio and diff cups. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AlvaSpeed

I have the 2.4ghz that Redcat sells.

It has more range than the Spektrum DX3S I also have.

Ron E

Contributor
AlvaSpeed said:
I have the 2.4ghz that Redcat sells.
It has more range than the Spektrum DX3S I also have.
that sounds good, thanks. if I get another rampage (v3 mt) i'll just use the stock radio. the tower 2.4 I got didn't work with the killerb v2 kill switch so I got a dx3e and a killer b v1 for now... should be a good set up.

hamster huey

The Traxxas 2.4 is only around $90 for brand new Rx/TX on ebay without trading anything in. You could sell your old system and get at least $10-15 out of it so that would help with the $90. Those trade in programs are a good idea but they are more $ than keeping your stuff and buying new on ebay. If you do get the Traxxas 2.4 You will hate setting up all the adjustable parameters. Its a pain in the butt compared to the better systems that are in the same price range.

Restomod

I got a new Traxxas 2.4 (with the 3rd chan switch) take out and recever for $75, I will see how it does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.