• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

charging the battery

potatoperogy

right now all i have is the stock charger that came with the rampage and i wont be able to afford a decent charger for some time.

i don't see any instructions regarding the charger so i was wondering how long i should charge the new stock battery with the stock charger, and does it have an automatic shutoff?

Piranha2

Contributor
Yeah just let it charge overnight, that's what I did till I got my Dynamite charger and now it's 1 hr for my 4600 pack. I use the stock one for my LED's now.

hamster huey

Also batteries get pretty warm towards the end of a charge so I would say overnight like piranha said and keep going until it gets pretty warm but not hot. Hot means its over charged.

pipeous

the stock charger only has X amount of volts to put out once it gets there you really can't add more. you can figure out a basic time needed by looking at how man mah it puts out and how much your battery needs. a 200 mah charger charging a 2000 mah battery from dead will take 10 hrs for example

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online