• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

charging rate/time

kryptonite

my super brain 977 sh!t the bed. not sure whats wrong with it, but its been getting really hot and now wont power up. fuse is good. any ways. i want to use an old pirhana cx-10 that i found. its not a peak charger. just an old school turn dial 15 minute charger. how long should i charge the reciever pack for? im running the stock 1500mah and a 3000mah. it doesn't specify the charge rate on the charger. im not buying another charger and working with this one, so any info will help.

Last edited by a moderator:

forist

Contributor
I have one of them to But haven't used it to charge any batts for the ramp. Ill try to discharge my 1500 ma and then charge it back up with my other charger and then put it on the 15 min one and see what it says on the meter and let u know that might work.

kryptonite

ya, that should give me some sort of estimation. i think if i start ruining the batteries i will just buy a new charger, but i really don't want to

hamster huey

The temp of NIMH batteries rises as peak charge is near. Charge them while keeping an eye on them until they get a little more than warm but not hot. Time it if you want.

forist

Contributor
Hey Jason i checked the charge on my 15 min charger and it say 4.5 amps at full charge . This is chargeing the 1500 ma batt. Hope this helps u.

Jasa B

Hey Kryptonite with my pro peak charger it took 20 min for the stock bat 2000mah.

The battery pack i use for the mt now is 4500mah this took 1h 10m both charged at

4.5amps and boy oh... the charger nearly melted my hands.

kryptonite

well i charged them for about 20 minutes and had a volt meter on it. its noit perfect but it will work for now. i'll just regularly discharge the packs

Jasa B

Sounds to me Kryptonite you need to spend a few $ on a new charger before the batterys die on you.

Tell you what wish I could spend $ rather than £ your stuff over there is so much cheaper than the Uk.

kryptonite

Jasa B said:
Sounds to me Kryptonite you need to spend a few $ on a new charger before the batterys die on you.
Tell you what wish I could spend $ rather than £ your stuff over there is so much cheaper than the Uk.
my rc is on a budget. (tryin to buy a lot for a new house)its not the $50 for the charger. i have a few other things that i need to keep me going. i have a few extra packs and if i see im burning them up then i'll replace the charger

Jasa B

kryptonite said:
my rc is on a budget. (tryin to buy a lot for a new house)its not the $50 for the charger. i have a few other things that i need to keep me going. i have a few extra packs and if i see im burning them up then i'll replace the charger
I understand unfortnately my wife keeps my rc budget which isen't :eek:enough. Lol

racetruck

The 1500 should be charged at 1.5 amps i hope the charger will work for nimh the 4500 charge at 4.5 amps the 1500 will run about 40 to 45 min when the voltage starts to drop down stop the charge i do my old nicd with a timer and volt meter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts