• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ceramic Bearings

claude bigelow

Can any one let me if these would be a good upgrade for my MT. I hear that there more expensive than regular bearings. Pro and Cons, just curious?

Also a good site to pick them up if there worth it.

Silent_chaos

check the MT parts catalogue. you will find the sizes and the quantity of all bearings needed.

then you can order online from PROSPEC. or FAST EDDY BEARINGS

Furthermore, if you feel a bit lazy, then you can directly order from Boca Bearings (link below). (green color will do just fine)

they sell via packages, and for each car, they have a full set of bearings. Awesome customer support as well

I run the green bearings and they're decent. be sure to use your coupon at the checkout.

http://www.bocabearings.com/search.aspx?SearchType=StartModel&ProductGroupID=1&MFGSYSID=727&ModelName=RAMPAGE%20MT%20PRO&Feature=

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

You won't notice a difference between ceramic and steel. The ceramic bearings are a little lighter than steel, but they need to be maintained properly. If any grit gets into them, they will chip. Overall, I'd say it's not worth the $200. Put that $200 toward an upgrade you'll actually get noticeable performance gains from.

claude bigelow

Deluge said:
You won't notice a difference between ceramic and steel. The ceramic bearings are a little lighter than steel, but they need to be maintained properly. If any grit gets into them, they will chip. Overall, I'd say it's not worth the $200. Put that $200 toward an upgrade you'll actually get noticeable performance gains from.
Ok thanks I'll just put the money in engine upgrade fund.

chapinb

Skip ceramic except for very sealed areas. Steel is cheaper and more durable for our dirty application.

Check out Boca bearings. They had a kit for the x series, probably do for the mt too.

If been abusing green seals for close to a year no with no failures. Been using yellow seals in my small scales with zero failures too.

phreerider

Deluge said:
so true!, for the right application like FI, road, rally with super tedious care...definitely not bash/dirt track/offroad. maybe some clutch drive take off/layshaft have some merit

regular bearings +marine grease pack(SS will last a bit longer). if it touches dirt they are all doomed for replacement with regular use.

a race set up--->practically everything is disposable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts