• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Center Diff mod?

wildstallion

Just wondered has anyone ever done a center diff mod to make the Redcat more race track suitable?

Would it be feasible to simply install a regular from or rear diff in the middle to replace the locked center one? I have a Redcat Chirmera my cornering seems limited and often a front wheel is up in the air during a turn.

Ice_2k

Why would a center diff fix the "wheel in the air" issue?

alfred e numan

diffs

alfred & his mooching dog here-- I have a car with a center diff, not a redcat. The center diff will cause the car to be more forgiving under power on rough terrain. The tires with the least traction - the front tires usually- will spin more thanthe rears. The center diff will also cause the car to flow tru a corner under power more easy. The downside to a center diff is loss of power to the wheels. Some folks remove the center diff to gain traction & drive to all four tires. This is how i drive my xb redcat-- as i enter a corner, i let off the throttle for a split second and at the same time turn the steering to set the car up for the corner-- at the entrance to the corner and or- about 1/2 way tru the corner. this is sorta hard to explain with words, go to you tube and enter -- rally car onboard, sometimes it will show a driver in a full sized car - showing a split screen - one view of the gas & break pedals, the other view of the streering wheel. this view explains much better than i can with words.

alfred e numan

german r-c racing

You-tube -- Erste Deutsche Meisterschaft OR6 2011 heatings by RC4 fun.net This video was posted on this site several years ago. Yes, there is a Redcat XB in the race too. It sounded like a stock unpiped 30.5 hy. geared a little high for such a tight track, but hung right in there!! Look at the camera at the end of the brick strait away, you will see some of these guys pitching the cars in the oppsite direction - right before they sorta sling shot into the left corner. to be able to drive like this, they must spend all there spare time on tracks. quality time!

Ice_2k

It's called the scandinavian flick, I tried it with my DR, it loves it :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts