• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cen Short Course Body

hamster huey

From the dimensions on Amain hobbies it appears it will fit. The price is fair. Any one know for sure if it will fit? I think it would make one B.A. Rampage.

pipeous

I can pop the body on the rally. I believe it's the same wb? I know the cen and nutech are the same and pretty sure the redcat is too. might be 5mm difference but that's really nothing a little trimming wouldn't fix. I will say the tires actually work decent and look so scale. I'd swear this truck is a blown up version of an sc8.

rally is 510mm wb and the cen is 515mm (well looks like 517 with a tape measure). could also dremmel a bit off the suspension arms and add spacers to adjust the wb

hamster huey

Not sure if the online info is correct. Various sources state the 5sc wheelbase is 20.5 and width is 16.5. My TT tires are pusing 19 inches wide so if this body is just over 16.5 to hug the the cen it'd have to be mounted up too high to keep the tires from rubbing my TT. The wheelbase is perfect though.....

They are under $75 @amain prepainted now.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

well the cen wheels have like zero offset so they just fit inside the body. of course using wide offset rims won't work. . you'll need something that the wheelnut is close to the outside. like the cen tire or a buggy tire. it's an sc truck not an mt, so the wheels need to be in tight to fit under. it's more about scale looks.

DSCI0001-1.jpg

chevy

pipeous i love them wheels can you tell me exactly the name so i can search them on the internet?? and how do you get or where do you get the adaptors to fit the rampage??

Coolwhip

I was gonna try the stock rears and fronts from the Baja SC with the Cen SC body to see how this looks, I'll get back to you guys on this one in about a week. Any suggestions before I blow the dough??

mjp777

Anyone know the exact dimensions of the body? I am running HPI wheels and tires and I am wondering if this would be a good fit.

801Trent

Hi I'm new to the forum.

I run a Cen body on my mt I am running HPI 5t rear tires with it. It looks Great I had to trim out the wheel wheels a little bit and I moved the front body posts to the front side of the shock tower. The hardest part was adding a splice on to the front and rear bumpers but I'm very pleased with it. This is the site that supplies Cen with the Matrix style bodies. www.fs-racingart.com

I hope this helps.

Trent

mjp777

801Trent said:
Hi I'm new to the forum.
I run a Cen body on my mt I am running HPI 5t rear tires with it. It looks Great I had to trim out the wheel wheels a little bit and I moved the front body posts to the front side of the shock tower. The hardest part was adding a splice on to the front and rear bumpers but I'm very pleased with it. This is the site that supplies Cen with the Matrix style bodies. www.fs-racingart.com

I hope this helps.

Trent
Trent are they still selling these in the US? The only place I can find to purchase one is Engage RC (and its the FS style one not the CEN one) and I have not heard great things about doing business with them.

Thanks,

Mike

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts