• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cat5 Diff Cup Sleeves Vs Dog Bone Pins

kryptonite

nice work!! it looks like the pins just slid thru.. how does that custom shock shaft work? send me a link. could could use a few like that:D

pwaicon

Unfortunately the factory stopped making them like that so they are very rare and hard to come by. :D In reality that is just my wife’s fish eye lens playing tricks on you.

Clubin

Banned
PEEKABOO. LOL Guess the pin started migrating in that direction, and the aluminum retainer ring was no challenge for the hardened steel drive pin.

pwaicon

Yep, no green Loctite as I thought I wouldn’t need it with the retaining rings. Needless to say I guess I will be picking some up this week and applying it to all my pins. Thanks for the reminder Moo. ;)

CAT5MFG

Contributor
pwaicon said:
And the winner is the dog bone pin. I guess my 30.5 just has too much power because the pin powered through the diff cup sleeve. I still need to inspect the other ones to see how close they are to busting through.
I'm sorry to see that you pin worked it's way through the sleeve. When you installed the sleeves, did you grind the excess length off the pins? If not, the pins will dig their way through the sleeves. Please PM me your information so I can take care of your damage sleeve. :)

pwaicon

I think Large Scale is the only one who sells them; they are the ones who introduced them to the market. I am sure if you email them they might be able to work with you on the shipping.

pwaicon

CAT5MFG said:
I'm sorry to see that you pin worked it's way through the sleeve. When you installed the sleeves, did you grind the excess length off the pins? If not, the pins will dig their way through the sleeves. Please PM me your information so I can take care of your damage sleeve. :)
Yep, I shorten all the pins on the dogbones, I think it was just a case of too much power coupled with loose pins. I appreciate the offer, you guys have always taken care of me.

CAT5MFG

Contributor
Wicked said:
Does anyone know were I can get those sleeves? I saw large scale has them but they want $19.00 to ship to Canada :/
Go ahead and place the order. We'll correct the shipping rate and only bill you the actual. If you use PayPal, we'll refund the difference. If your order is small, we'll try to fit it in the Priority Mail flat rate envelope for $13.00. It's still a lot I know, but that's the actual cost. Bummer. If you have any questions about the shipping options, call largescalerc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts