• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

carb

James1996

hi I was thinking about getting a new carb for my redcat rampage mt v3/4 I think I currently Have a Walbro WT-813 i think and because I have usedc e10 it has destroyed it and I was wondering what carb should I get for my redcat do any of the hpi carbs fit

James1996

or should I just get a rebuild kit because like nothing can be wrong with inside the carb just the the rubber components

G

It is a copy of that made for our HY motor. You would be better off to purchase a walbro. The 668 would work on the stock motor. If you are going to hop-up the motor, then maybe the 813 or 990. Some of the high performance carbs don't have a choke. You can get a stack with one built in, if you want a choke. If you don't run with a choke it will just take a few extra pulls to get it started.

Deluge

A 668 or a 990 would be your best options. The 990 is an 813 minus the accelerator pump, and it's more durable than the 813. As far as rebuilding the carb, it's easy, however there is a chance that it won't fix the issue. I wouldn't waste a rebuild kit on a Walbro knock-off.

James1996

it is a walbro carb( it must the be 668) right. so should I spend the 13 bucks on a rebuild kit like nothing internally can go wrong just the gaskets and valves correct

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

You can confirm which carb you have by looking around the throttle shaft area, the model number is stamped into the carb body. If you're going to just replace the gaskets and the diaphragms, it's easy. If you're going to do a full blown rebuild and replace the screen, the metering assembly and the welch plugs, it gets annoying. Especially the metering assembly. If you're up for it, go for it.

James1996

what you recommend I have only had the car for like 5 months had 12 liters of fuel through it. so just the gasket and diaphrams or the whole thing if I do the whole thing I will Probs just buy a new gasket

GTS 666

The Walbro carb Part number should start with WT first. And has walbro on the base. I think that is a clone part number as I have a clone carby and it has a similar number.

James1996

went to mates house yesteryday and he had A Carb rebuild kit that fitted my carb he gave it to me for free so going to see how that works save me 35 bucks on a carb if it does

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts