• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb Question

csp1971

Contributor
Dumb question. Running my XB, I noticed some drippage around the carb gasket. Does anyone use loctite when securing their carb? I never have. Now I'm wondering if I should.

JayV3rc

I use blue loctite on mine have u noticed the bolts coming loose at all cause the gasket could be bad I'd say if the bolts are still tight than theirs something wrong with ur gasket good luck hope u find the problem

csp1971

Contributor
Thanks guys. I'm going to try loctite. I have the Z-Rc intake manifold and the teflon gaskets are new. I'm thinking the bolts have come loose. I'll check tomorrow and post up my findings.

DemonRC

There's a problem with the ZRC intake that can easily be fixed. If the main bolts that go through the airfilter housing and carb are too long they will protrude through the back of the intake manifold and push the rearmost gasket off the manifold. This will cause an airleak and can possibly let fuel to flow out of the fuel passage. Check the rearmost gasket and make sure it's seated nicely and not bent outward.

csp1971

Contributor
DemonRC said:
There's a problem with the ZRC intake that can easily be fixed. If the main bolts that go through the airfilter housing and carb are too long they will protrude through the back of the intake manifold and push the rearmost gasket off the manifold. This will cause an airleak and can possibly let fuel to flow out of the fuel passage. Check the rearmost gasket and make sure it's seated nicely and not bent outward.
I cut the screws down before since I did that exact thing a couple years ago! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts